Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Hanging Foot!

One of my biggest pet peeves is someone driving a golf cart and have their left leg and foot hanging outside the cart. I still catch myself doing it and it is a huge safety problem. When I was younger I caught my foot and it twisted my ankle very bad. Trouble is we all do it and you see several golfers doing it every day.

I am very sorry about the graphic nature of this next photo but it really demonstrates how bad this can be if you do get your foot caught under the cart.

This did not happen at Des Moines Golf and Country Club. This accident happened at a club in Illinois and the superintendent sent the photo to me. Their bar cart girl was driving the bar cart around the golf course one afternoon and had her foot dangling off the side. She went over a hill and it got caught under the cart. You can see the damage that happened instantly. Not pretty at all and she will have a complete recovery. It is just very unfortunate.